Massage therapy, much like other natural medicines, has been around for thousands of years and with good reason. Research shows that regular massage helps to maintain muscle tone and integrity, improves posture, increases lymphatic flow, improves immune function, relieves stress and improves your sense of well-being.
Our therapists will use a variety of techniques to alleviate pain, reduce tension, mobilize joints and treat both acute, and chronic concerns of the musculoskeletal system. Quite often people will wait until they are in pain or cannot move properly when they come for a massage. This can have been building up for a number of weeks, even months. In this case, they will need to come every week for approximately 3-4 weeks until concern is alleviated. It is generally recommended that a person comes for a treatment fortnightly through to six weekly; depending on their work/life environment.
The Remedial Massage techniques used by our therapists include:
- Deep & Soft Tissue Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Cultural Bodywork (Island Flow)
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Pregnancy Massage (after the first trimester only)
Remedial Massage can assist:
- Generalised Aches, Pains and Tension
- Back and Neck Pain and Stiffness
- Tension-related Headaches
- Shoulder Problems such as rotator-cuff injuries and frozen shoulder
- Arthritis and Joint Problems
- Muscle Pain and Stiffness
- Lymphoedema (fluid retention)
- Sporting Injuries – including rehabilitation.
- Stress-related Problems
- Repetitive-strain Injuries
- Postural Stress
- Preventative Care
All treatments include a comprehensive case history (if required) and are tailored to suit your needs; such as pressure, areas in need of treatment, lying or seated treatments etc.
Stretching or other natural health guidance may be offered to enhance the effectiveness of your treatment.
Our Remedial Massage therapists are caring and skilled and take pleasure in helping people achieve a predominantly pain free body and greater sense of overall wellbeing.
Our Remedial Massage Therapist is:
- Lesley Pollak – Remedial Therapist